THE 5 % SENIOR CITIZEN WATER BILL DISCOUNT
Under the Republic Act No. 9994, also known as the Expanded Senior Citizen Act of 2010, provides as follows: “Five Percent (5%) discount – The grant of a minimum of five percent (5%) discount relative to the monthly utilization of water and electricity by households with senior citizen.”
The adoption and implementation of RA No. 9994 by the MMWD has started effective September 2010 billing. Terms and Conditions for the availment of the 5% senior citizens discount, to wit:
- The Senior Citizen must be a resident of the household .
- Only the first 30 cu.m. of the monthly consumption will be given a 5% discount. Any excess shall be computed based on the regular rates.
- Annual renewal of the application of a Sr. Citizen Discount is required. Non-compliance shall cause disqualification of a Sr. Citizen from the availment of said privilege.
- Meter registration should be in the name of the Sr. Citizen for at least one (1) year.
- The 5% discount is granted per household, regardless of the number of Sr. Citizens residing therein.
- The Sr. Citizen Discount may be availed thru an authorized representative.
- The 5% Sr. Citizen Discount is not applicable to commercial establishments.
The following are the various requirements in the application for the 5% Sr. Citizen Discount:
- Valid Senior Citizen I.D.
- Filled out Application Form
Additional requirements are also set for applications made thru an authorized representative, as follows:
- Authorized letter
- Representative’s Voter’s I.D. or any valid government issued I.D.
(Application form for Individual Household can be downloaded using this link.)